Friday, May 20, 2011

"So get started. Right freaking now."

So where did this quote come from?  I stumbled across it from a retweet on someone I follow.  Here's the blog post.

Am I looking to change the world?  Become a superstar, inspiring millions of people?  Have some incredible blog that has tons of followers?  Not exactly.  Babysteps, young grasshoppa.

Just a little under six weeks until my wedding in Key West. It was time to get shit straight.  It actually started this morning before I found the article.  Finally got my ass out of bed after a two week hiatus and did my P90X for the day.  Even little stuff was bugging me... letting a thing of strawberries go bad because I wasn't working out and making my shakes in the morning.  Wasting a half gallon of milk for the same reason.  Being lazy and having to throw away leftovers because I decided fast food was just easier.

Something bad happens in my sleep.  I read these great articles on just about anything.  SharePoint (my work), SQL (I don't do much of it, but Brent Ozar is a cool dude), exercise (Tony Horton has a good page here and here that I started reading), etc.  I get all inspired... pumped up to fire off an hour of P90X the next morning... and then I go to sleep.  The alarm goes off and holy hell, where did all of that inspiration go?

Maybe this is all about me being a night owl.  I've never liked the mornings.  Stay up until 12 or 1 in the morning and get up around 9 has been much more my style.  Maybe I should switch up working out in the evenings.  That might be the plan for P90X round two.  Right now I'm getting solid on this morning routine, so I gotta stick with it.

I had one stumble yesterday.  I was so ridiculously sore, I could barely turn over in bed to turn off the alarm.  It just wasn't going to happen.  So I made up the workout this morning and I have Yoga on Fridays, to that'll be happening tonight.  Not sure if two workouts in one day is good, but Yoga is a lower impact so we'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment